My nutrition clients often ask me what they can dress their salad with, since most off the shelf varieties are packed with added sugar and dubious fats. My stock reply has always been olive oil and lemon juice… Simple, but not exciting. Lately I’ve been inspired, particularly by my desire to include more hemp seed oil into my diet, to create something with a bit more punch. Continue reading
Low carbers don’t need to miss out on delicious things. These coffee and walnut chocolates hit the healthy and happy spot. They make a great hostess gift or a delicious mid morning snack with a cup of coffee.
- 30g Green & Black’s Espresso Dark Chocolate
- Some walnut halves
- Melt the chocolate gently in the microwave or over a double boiler then toss walnuts into the liquid to taste. You can alter the chocolate to walnut ratio by altering the amount of walnuts you add.
- Simply stir the walnuts around to coat them, then tip them out onto a plate.
- If you have made them very chocolatey, you will have to separate them otherwise you will just be left with a huge lump of walnutty chocolate. (Shame!)
- To add an air of Parisian glamour wait until they are almost dry and then sift some cocoa powder over the top.
If they last long enough for you to think about giving them away then wrap them in cellophane with a ribbon, or present in a pretty jam jar.
This post is for everyone who works in an office and wants to take their own delicious low carb, gluten-free, dairy-free lunch with them. Continue reading
I don’t miss pasta one bit, but I do miss some of the sauces. Continue reading
I cooked this recipe twice in January, both times for large groups of people. The recipe doubles very successfully. We’re eating the last of it from the freezer tonight! The second time I added a bit more chilli – but it’s very much a matter of taste. Continue reading
I’ve cooked this warm salad several times now and it gets rave reviews, it makes a great starter or a light lunch. Even if you think you don’t like liver, chicken livers are mild tasting and full of good fats for brain and liver function. Continue reading
On Thursday night we had a quick and easy kitchen supper which was too good to keep to ourselves. Continue reading